Chronic Disorganization Challenges and Strategies
Dates: April 26, 2024
Meets: F from 9:00 AM to 12 N
Location: GRAND RAPIDS - BIK 230-235
There are still openings remaining at this time.
Susie Marsh, LBSW will present on chronic disorganization for those who have mental health challenges/diagnoses such as, ADHD, anxiety, depression, hoarding, older adults and more. Specific information will be discussed, such as the definition of chronic disorganization, types of chronic disorganization, challenges people face with organization, and strategies to use when chronic disorganziation is identified.
- Attendee will be able to identify the differences between situational and chronic disorganization.
- Attendee will be able to define chronic disorganization.
- Attendee will be able to name 3 strategies to use with persons who have chronic disorganzation challenges.
- Attendee will be able to name the types of chronic disorganization.
- Attendee will be able to identify where clients fall on the ICD clutter- hoarding scale.
- Attendee will be able to identify resources/supports to help with chronic disorganization challenges.
Payment & Registration
- Payment is due upon registration. If a participant registers for a course and has not paid the registration fee, we will send a reminder email to pay the fee. If there is no response and the fee has not been paid within 7 days, the participant will be dropped from the course and may re-register and pay if space is available. This policy is to ensure equitable access to courses that have high demand and long waitlists.
- Registration Deadline: Three days prior to the program by 5pm.
- Waitlist Policy: Our social work programs, excluding the DHHS programs, may fill up due to interest in the content. If the course becomes full, we will have a limited wait list. Those who get on a wait list for a course, you will be notified as soon as possible if a seat becomes available and payment must be made upon enrollment. When the typical registration period ends two days prior to the begin date, all those on the list will be notified we can no longer accept people into the class.
- Participants may cancel their registration at any time by calling our office at 616-331-7180 or emailing email@example.com. Participants seeking a refund must cancel their registration at least 48 hours prior to the program. You may either receive a full refund back on your card, or we can place a credit on your account for a future program. Refund requests received within 48 hours of the program are not eligible for a refund. If GVSU needs to cancel the event, participants will receive a full refund.
Social Work Continuing Education Credits:
- Participants seeking Social Work Continuing Education credits will need to arrive by the start time of the program, and must stay until the end. Partial credit will not be awarded.
- Participants must complete the post-event evaluation to receive SWCE credit.
- Certificates will be emailed to participants 1-2 business days after the program. Participants who have not received their certificate (and it is not in their spam/junk folder) should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grand Valley State University School of Social Work, an accredited social work education program, is authorized by Administrative Rule 338.2965 to award Michigan social work continuing education contact hours.
|Fee-Alternate||SSW Field Education Supervisor||$ 36.00|
|Fee-Alternate||GVSU Faculty/Staff||$ 15.00|
GRAND RAPIDS - BIK 230-235
A parking pass will be emailed to you two days prior to the event. Please see the link below for maps to Grand Valley State University locations: https://www.gvsu.edu/maps.
Building Address: Bicycle Factory 201 Front Ave. SW Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Susie Marsh, LBSW is the owner of Susie's Organization Solutions LLC and former co-owner of Moxie Life Organizing, LLC. She is a 16+ year veteran of the organizing & productivity industry as well as a licensed social worker for 35+ years. Susie is an active member of NAPO National as well as a residential specialist and Golden Circle Member for 15 years. On the local level, Susie is an active member of NAPO Michigan where she served 4 years as Vice President, volunteer coordinator, West MI liaison and the current incoming secretary for 2023-24. Susie is also a member of the Caregiver Resource Network since 2003 & the Institute for Challenging Disorganization for the past 10 years where she holds Level 1 certificates in ADD and Hoarding. She specializes in working with those who struggle with chronic & challenging disorganization. She is also a trustee for the Gun Lake Business Association. She has been featured in Senior Perspective magazine, GR Business Journal, Fox17 and on the team of two episodes of season 7 of A&E's Hoarders: Family Secrets. She has been a frequent speaker for the GR Savvy Senior series as well. Susie has helped many clients over the years to find peace with their stuff and make their spaces functional and inviting spaces again!