Ethical Decision Making in Administration and Supervision
Dates: March 20, 2020
Meets: F from 8:45 AM to 2:30 PM
Location: GRAND RAPIDS - BIK 230
Ethical practice for administrators and supervisors requires much more than assuring ethical clinical behavior of staff and is far more complex in its scope and in its potential impact on the organization. It requires that administrators and supervisors maintain a focus on establishing organizational practices that clearly define what ethical conduct is rewarded and what unethical conduct is discouraged while attempting to withhold punishment and establish a culture and practice where no one is hurt. Administrators do not get it right every time. Complexity of service delivery, relevant laws and policies, staff experience and training, financial considerations, staff morale, and the perceptions of everyone in the organization, from Board Members to Clients, as well as community stake-holders, all play a part in managing the frequent, complex ethical dilemmas that are inherent in the role of administration.
This workshop is targeted to and uniquely designed for agency administrators and supervisors. It is intended to be practical, fast-paced and interactive using multiple case studies, exercises, and participant sharing.
Objectives: Participants will
1. Describe the six key major risk areas for a human service agency that require administrative ethical decision-making skills in order to effectively manage “vicarious liability”.
2. Define the three levels of ethical decisions/behavior of Administrators and Supervisors
3. Identify the role of “implicit bias” in ethical decision-making
4. Learn how to utilize at least two ethical decision-making templates
5. Review and identify the key sections of the NASW Code of Ethics that address Supervision and Administration (especially conflict of interest and boundaries).
Recommended for LBSW and LMSW intermediate and advanced skill levels.
This program meets the ethics requirement for license renewal.
|Course Fee (Basic)||COURSE||$ 99.00|
|Course Fee (Alternate)||SSW Field Education Supervisor||$ 66.00|
|Course Fee (Alternate)||GVSU Social Work Faculty||$ 15.00|
GRAND RAPIDS - BIK 230GVSU - Bicycle Factory
201 Front SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
|03/20/2020||Friday||8:45 AM to 2:30 PM||GRAND RAPIDS - BIK 230|