The Clinical Impact of Trauma and Trauma Informed Interventions for Adults
Dates: June 12, 2020
Meets: F from 8:45 AM to 3:30 PM
Location: GRAND RAPIDS - BIK 230
The clinical impact of Trauma and Trauma Informed interventions for adults is an introduction to trauma and trauma informed care. This includes a basic understanding of the neuroscience of trauma, types of trauma, how it presents clinically, and how to assess for it’s impact. The second half includes evidence based interventions for the treatment of trauma such as mindfulness, yoga, EMDR, and Internal family systems therapy including how to apply them to your clinical practice.
Objectives: Participants will
1. Have a basic understanding of trauma and the history of trauma treatment.
2. Understand the basic neuroscience of trauma.
3. Understand how trauma presents clinically and what symptoms are associated.
4. Have a basic understanding of Mindfulness and Yoga and how it is used to treat trauma.
5. Have a basic understanding of EMDR and how it is used to treat trauma.
6. Understand the definition of Internal Family Systems Theory and how it is used to treat trauma.
Recommended for LBSW and LMSW beginning skill level.
|Course Fee (Basic)||COURSE||$ 99.00|
|Course Fee (Alternate)||SSW Field Education Supervisor||$ 66.00|
|Course Fee (Alternate)||GVSU Social Work Faculty||$ 15.00|
GRAND RAPIDS - BIK 230GVSU - Bicycle Factory
201 Front SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
|06/12/2020||Friday||8:45 AM to 3:30 PM||GRAND RAPIDS - BIK 230|