The Neurobiology of Trauma: LAMP Training
Dates: December 6, 2019
Meets: F from 8:45 AM to 3:30 PM
Location: GRAND RAPIDS - BIK 340
Objectives: Participants will
1. Be exposed to information on the prevalence of sexual assault and interpersonal violence as well as important statistics on the characteristics of these types of events.
2. Gain a basic understanding of the brain structures that are activated during a traumatic event and the ways that traumatic events impact brain functioning.
3. Understand how trauma impacts memory processes.
4. Understand how neurobiological processes impacted by trauma are related to survivors’ emotional and behavioral responses.
5. Be exposed to information on effective approaches for working with trauma survivors in the direct aftermath of a traumatic event, such as a sexual assault.
6. Have improved understanding of the personal impact of working with survivors of trauma, including the effects of vicarious and secondary trauma.
Recommended for LBSW and LMSW advanced skill level.
|Course Fee (Basic)||COURSE||$ 99.00|
|Course Fee (Alternate)||SSW Field Education Supervisor||$ 66.00|
|Course Fee (Alternate)||GVSU Social Work Faculty||$ 15.00|
GRAND RAPIDS - BIK 340Bicycle Factory
Grand Valley State University
201 Front Ave SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
|12/06/2019||Friday||8:45 AM to 3:30 PM||GRAND RAPIDS - BIK 340|