Family Systems and Complex Trauma
Dates: October 25, 2019
Meets: F from 8:45 AM to 3:30 PM
Location: GRAND RAPIDS - SCB 2023
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
Online registration is not available at this time. Please contact our office for more information.
Phone: (616)331-7180 Email: email@example.com
Objectives: Participants will
1. Identify basic premises of TF-CBT and EMDR and their application to youth with developmental trauma.
2, Identify special considerations working with youth and families and complex trauma. Theory will based on Structural and Bowenian family therapy concepts.
3. Identify tools to assist in determining which evidence based model for PTSD would be most appropriate between TF-CBT, EMDR as well as their integration with a family focused context.
4. Learn self-care concepts with particular emphasis toward sleep hygiene will be discussed, providing participants with practical, research based steps to improve sleep habits, applicable for both families served and participants.
5. Learn attachment styles with particular emphasis toward disrupted or disorganized attachment will be discussed as well as techniques to further safety within the family.
6. Understand a brief overview of Internal Family Systems theory and it’s theoretical applications in working with dissociation and repressed memory.
Recommended for LBSW and LMSW beginning skill level.
|Course Fee (Basic)||COURSE||$ 99.00|
|Course Fee (Alternate)||SSW Field Education Supervisor||$ 66.00|
|Course Fee (Alternate)||GVSU Social Work Faculty||$ 15.00|
GRAND RAPIDS - SCB 2023Seidman Center, Room 2023
Grand Valley State University
50 Front Ave SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
|10/25/2019||Friday||8:45 AM to 3:30 PM||GRAND RAPIDS - SCB 2023|