This is Your Brain Online: The Impact of Digital Technology on Mental Health
Dates: October 11, 2019
Meets: F from 8:45 AM to 3:30 PM
Location: GRAND RAPIDS - BIK 230
Objectives: Participants will
1. Learn about social and neuroscience research addressing the impact of digital technology and social media on neurological, psychological, and social development.
2. Learn about the social and neuroscience research addressing specific applied topics, including: sleep; play and downtime; distracted parenting; empathy & narcissism
3. Learn about the impact of digital technology and social media on mental health, social functioning, and academic performance of children adolescents, and college-age students.
4. Learn about clinical approaches to internet addiction and overuse of digital technology.
5. Learn strategies for adopting a balance approach to using digital technology and social media.
6. Learn about public health and educational intervention approaches.
Recommended for LBSW and LMSW beginning and intermediate skill levels.
|Course Fee (Basic)||COURSE||$ 99.00|
|Course Fee (Alternate)||SSW Field Education Supervisor||$ 66.00|
|Course Fee (Alternate)||GVSU Social Work Faculty||$ 15.00|
GRAND RAPIDS - BIK 230GVSU - Bicycle Factory
201 Front SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
|10/11/2019||Friday||8:45 AM to 3:30 PM||GRAND RAPIDS - BIK 230|